"Made in the USA" jump bags

BigPoppa

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone recommend a company that actually produces its jump bags in the US ?

StatPacks and Thomas are both Utah-based but do not specifically say the products are made in the USA.

DynaMed bags are imported. ProPak bags are made in Canada.

Who's left ?

Sasha

Forum Chief
American made goods are usually the crappiest quality.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Medpac

I believe that Medpac bags are manufactured here in the states. You don't see a whole lot of them in EMS, but they seem to have become the standard in the Sports Medicine world.

horton35

Forum Ride Along
LA Rescue, available through EMP (Emergency Medical Products) are made in the U.S.A. I have a LA Rescue First Call-In bag and it is perfect, all I need

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
I believe Iron Duck manufactures all of it's goods in the US.
http://www.ironduck.com

Yup - they are. Orange, Mass. I had one for years that took everything I could throw at it without flinching. Only reason I eventually changed bags was because I wanted something 100% waterproof (used to leave it in the back of my open Jeep) so I switched to a Pelican case. My service is looking at replacing our first-in bags with Iron Duck.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
American made goods are usually the crappiest quality.

Yeah, those Honda Accords (made in Ohio) just fall apart left and right. :rolleyes:

Here's the truth. What county a product is manufactured in has very little determination on its quality. There's crap made in China and Taiwan, and there are very high quality products made in China and Taiwan. Same with the USA and Mexico, too. What determines if the product is crap or quality is its design, what it's made out of, and the degree of care with which it is assembled. All of these factors are specified by the company whose name appears on the product (in general). A company can be cheap on any of these factors and the result will be a low-quality product, regardless of where it's made, and regardless of where the company itself is based. But a company can be strict on all three of these factors and the product will be quality, again regardless of where it's actually made.