Looking to rent a gurney for a video shoot

VideoProducerPtWash

Forum Ride Along
Hello, I am a video producer working for a company in Port Washington NY. Does anyone have suggestions on where I can rent/borrow a gurney/ambulance stretcher? We need it for 2 hours this Wednesday morning, Mar 30. I tried more traditional ways to accomplish this, but no luck so far. We also are hiring 2 actors to play EMTs, but if 2 real EMTs want to do it, I would be happy to consider that! Not lot of money, but could be fun! Thank you. G. Fusco.

Rescue0ne

Forum Probie
I recommend visiting your local ambulance service, or volunteer ambulance corps.

The ambulance service may rent you one, and/or the the ambulance corps may let you use it for a donation.

Edit: Just noticed you said you already tried traditional ways, so I assume that you have visited local EMS already? Out of curiosity, what is the video pertaining to? Some agencies may be hesitant to help, depending on how EMS may be portrayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

HappyParamedicRN

Forum Crew Member
I doubt you will get a compamy or service to let you use one only because of the liability if someone gets hurt....

Good luck.

Happy

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I doubt you will get a compamy or service to let you use one only because of the liability if someone gets hurt....

Good luck.

Happy

plus the fact that they are ridiculously expensive...and if non-emts are operating them they could get broken or someone could get hurt

OP
OP
V

VideoProducerPtWash

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for your responses. I tried the local volunteer EMTs first (through the fire department chief). My first choice is to have the EMTs play themselves using the gurney, in exchange for a donation, so it is a win for everybody. Chief is going to let me know on Monday, but I wanted a fall-back in case it doesn't pan out. The shoot is Wednesday so I don't have alot of time. The video is about the technology that will change healthcare in the future, and the EMTs in the scene (which will last about 15 seconds) will be bringing a patient to an ER. We are shooting in a studio, and it is just suggestive of an ER-- no blood and guts. By the way, I appreciate what you guys do, and that you took the time to reply to me.

BEorP

Forum Captain
I agree with the other posters on their suggestions, but if you're still stuck it may be worth calling Ferno (http://www.ferno.com/), Stryker (http://www.ems.stryker.com/equipment.jsp?id=1), or whoever supplies most of the stretchers in your area. I'm not familiar with your town/city and how close it is to a major centre, but it is possible that there may be a sales rep somewhere who might have a demo stretcher. I have no idea what it would be like in terms of paperwork or legalities to try to borrow one, but if you're stuck it might be worth a shot (and maybe they would be more apt to help knowing that their product will be shown in use). Good luck!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
If the ambulance litter will just carry a dummy, get a broke one.

Find your local ambo company and ask to borrow or "rent" (slip em a twenty) to use a broken one which can be made to stand up for the length of your filming or taping. ALso, check closest Ferno Washington or other repair company see if they have any junkers that will meet your needs.

My son needed one for a shoot, I found some for sale from military disposal online; not cheap, but enormously cheaper than new. Also, might lok at surplus sales from any hospitals, universities, fire depts.

REMEMBER: NEVER put a real person on a defective litter, hesitate to put a real person on any ambulance litter just for a video (use a hospital gurney instead).