Looking for the right school/company

dave0811

Forum Probie
good evening, ok so ive been a EMT for just about eleven months. and sadly to say California is not doing it for me. Im sure most of you might understand this. Anyways im looking for a company / school that fits me. so far I've only found two through Google searches watching ems groups on face. Denver health paramedic div, and acadian. also I have no idea if im even going about this the right way, should I just pick a state then look for schools that I like? so if anyone has any ideas it'll help to have some other opinions. thank you

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
What are qualities you are looking for in a school or company?

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Pick a state that you are willing to go, then look at pay rates vs cost of living. If not ideal, go to number two on the list.

Once you decide on a state/area, there are more than likely a few options as to where to start applying for jobs and what not. This is what I'm doing at the moment, living in SoCal but due to pay and scope of practices am looking elsewhere

OP
OP
dave0811

dave0811

Forum Probie
idk how to explain what i'm looking for, I like the Denver program because it has a TCCC cert, and acadian because they have paramedics on the oil rigs along with medevac, Im looking for a place where I can do good 911 and use my scope to its fullest. A school that has a wide range of certs would be very nice, such as TCCC, Dive medic,

and that's why i'm leaving San Diego, to many emts/ paramedics, the scope sucks, and I worry if I get my P card here it will hinder me in finding a job some where else. Since I feel San Diego barley teaches you enough to pass and they teach you the San Diego way.