Looking for Policy for transports

Thepardoner

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone,

The agency I'm currently at is putting together a transport team and was wondering if anyone from another agency would be able to get a copy of their policy regarding transporting patients on IV pumps and ventilators.

We are doing all the necessary training for all the medics, but before we can start implementing the equipment, our medical director wants a policy written up.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this? or access to their departments policy. I'm looking for some direction as to what the policy should include.

Thanks for the help!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi Everyone,

The agency I'm currently at is putting together a transport team and was wondering if anyone from another agency would be able to get a copy of their policy regarding transporting patients on IV pumps and ventilators.

We are doing all the necessary training for all the medics, but before we can start implementing the equipment, our medical director wants a policy written up.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this? or access to their departments policy. I'm looking for some direction as to what the policy should include.

Thanks for the help!

The policy at our air ambulance regarding ventilators is that we have to have a respiratory therapist on board. That would be my advice, especially if you're going to be doing true critical care transfers and not just hauling long-term vent patients around.