Looking for ECA Programs in Austin Area

tcd

Forum Probie
I've been google searching for ECA programs in the Austin, TX region but not getting any luck. All that comes up is junk websites for shady-looking online only programs or TEEX. TEEX would be great, but I'm looking for something closer, sooner and preferably without requiring time off of work. Does anyone here have a some solid information on legitimate Emergency Care Attendant/First Responder training programs in or near Austin, TX?

I've also tried searching the state's website but haven't come across a provider listing there either.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

tcd

Forum Probie
Nevermind, finally managed to uncover something on the state's website. Boy, they sure do hide it.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I looked into an ECA course and decided to get my basic because there wasn't a huge difference in the time commitment. Make sure and compare the two.

OP
OP
T

tcd

Forum Probie
I looked into an ECA course and decided to get my basic because there wasn't a huge difference in the time commitment. Make sure and compare the two.

I'm definitely planning on doing an EMT-B program, but not until the summer semester rolls around. I was hoping to do the ECA right away just to get some exposure, do some volunteer work, and be better prepared for the EMT-B.

jcw

Forum Ride Along
Nevermind, finally managed to uncover something on the state's website. Boy, they sure do hide it.

Where did you find it? I too am looking for an ECA/First Responder program in Austin and can't seem to find it.

Thanks!