Look To Work Internationally

Canadian Travel Medic

Forum Ride Along
Hi guys/girls,

I know this topic has been posted a few times on here, I appreciate all the info people have already given, but most of what i've read is a few years old so i was hoping to see if much has change.

Some back ground on myself is i've been in EMS in Canada for about 5 years now and recently finished my Advanced Care Paramedic program and was certified a few weeks ago. Below is a link to my protocols if anyone is interested.

http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/ems-protocol-manual

I'm open to just about anything, but would prefer to work in New Zealand first and Australia second (yes i know they have degree programs) but anywhere english is a spoken language is an option. Also if anyone has info non traditional EMS jobs, i'd like to here about those too. Just looking to go out and see the work and work at the same time.

Thanks for all your help

Brad

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
There are some offshore jobs based out of NS or NFLD. With your ACP you can challenge the NREMT-P if you were looking at the US.

Yossarian

Forum Ride Along
Heya Brad, I am in a similar position. I work as a PCP medic in Ontario and would very much like to emigrate to New Zealand as a medic. Right now I am trying to gain as much experience and credentials as possible before I apply. I would love to hear about any experiences or info you have in regards to this. One of the Moderators of this site - "Mr Brown" - has given me some great advise regarding this goal. He's straightforward and VERY knowledgable. I would contact him or failing that give me a shout and I'll forward you what I've learned over the last couple of years. Good Luck!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Heya Brad, I am in a similar position. I work as a PCP medic in Ontario and would very much like to emigrate to New Zealand as a medic. Right now I am trying to gain as much experience and credentials as possible before I apply. I would love to hear about any experiences or info you have in regards to this. One of the Moderators of this site - "Mr Brown" - has given me some great advise regarding this goal. He's straightforward and VERY knowledgable. I would contact him or failing that give me a shout and I'll forward you what I've learned over the last couple of years. Good Luck!

Mr Brown, is not a moderator. Just FYI.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

How do you know Mr Brown?