Littmann Scope Question

mikie

Forum Lurker
So I'm having a problem w/ my Littmann Master Classic II. If i place it in a bag, pocket, etc, the cover over the diaphragm and protective rim comes off frequently. Does anyone have a solution/recommendation? I hate pulling it out and it fell off (especially for fear of losing it on a call when I actually need it)

I wouldn't want to place superglue on it, for fear of impeding the audio & inability to replace if it gets damaged, etc. I have seen some people that have 'rubber' covers, but does that also impede audio performance?

Suggestions? Thanks
The scope:
2146.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You might need a new cover for it. There's no harm in calling Littmann to see what they have to say. Is it still under warranty?

Sent from my mobile command center

OP
OP
mikie

mikie

Forum Lurker
Good idea, perhaps it's defective?

You might need a new cover for it. There's no harm in calling Littmann to see what they have to say. Is it still under warranty?

Sent from my mobile command center

only a few months old...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yep, I'd call them and ask what the best solution is. They may even send you a replacement.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I've had mine come off once in the pocket, not sure why. I guess it just got rubbed the wrong way (literally). Hasn't happened since.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
only a few months old...

Just give them a call and see what they say, they shouldn't have a problem fixing the problem since it's still under warranty.

OP
OP
mikie

mikie

Forum Lurker
Thanks, has anything similar ever happened to anyone before?

With my last littmann (cheaper one), the ear buds frequently came off (even when i replaced them w/ new ones)......nothing is more painful then a metal earpiece...

But in all seriousness, it's a pain when you pull it out to auscultate something and parts are missing! Yes, i could use the company/service provided one, but there's a reason i provide myself with a superior one! ...damn sprague-r's.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have a Master Classic II as well, and I have had the same thing happen to me once before, but I don't think I put the diaphragm back on all the way when I cleaned it, so that's probably why it came off in my pocket.