Line of Duty Death

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
"The Alberta College of Paramedics and Emergency Medical Service practitioners across Alberta are mourning the loss of our brother Michael "Kodiak" Jolin, EMT. Michael died in the line of duty on Sunday, March 11, in an accident during an oilfield operation west of Fox Creek, Alberta. As a close knit family of proud and honorable professionals, we deeply grieve for Michael and extend prayers to his wife Jennifer and their two young boys, age seven and five months.

Michael's commitment to helping Albertans began in 1999 as an Emergency Medical Responder with Guardian Ambulance in Ponoka. In 2002, he obtained registration as an EMT with the College and began working at Lifeview Emergency Services. In 2005 he became part of the team at HSE Integrated Inc. where he was working up until March 11.

Michael Jolin made the ultimate sacrifice when he gave his life in the line of duty. While all of us in our profession are trained and prepared for this, nothing can take away from the pain when we lose a colleague. The Heroism displayed by EMT Jolin during his time with our EMS family will never be forgotten."

Medic's Wife

Forum Crew Member
How sad to hear :sad: My prayers are with his family and his EMS family.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
my prayers to the family and friends.............-_-

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
his wife Jennifer and their two young boys, age seven and five months.

god that just puts a lump in my throat.... :(

~S~

Epi-do

I see dead people
How sad! Thoughts and prayers going out to all his friends and family.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
My thoughts and prayers are with the family

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Sorry for your loss.