LIFEPAK 1000 ECG Display Questions

catskills

Forum Crew Member
Anyone have the LIFEPAK 1000 with ECG Display model that display patients heart rhythm ?

If so I have a few questions:

1. Does the ECG display of the heart rhythm require special 3 lead pads or does it use the same AED pads used to shock the patient?
  2. Does the ECG display model have voice prompts or are the voice prompts only in the other LIFEPAK 1000 graphical display that does not have ECG display?
  3. Any BLS scenarios that you can think of where having the ECG heart rhythm display would improve patient care prior to ALS?
  4. Any good youtube videos of LIFPAK 1000 ECG display that is better than the one below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeCHZ05sbPo

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone have the LIFEPAK 1000 with ECG Display model that display patients heart rhythm ?

If so I have a few questions:

1. Does the ECG display of the heart rhythm require special 3 lead pads or does it use the same AED pads used to shock the patient?
  2. Does the ECG display model have voice prompts or are the voice prompts only in the other LIFEPAK 1000 graphical display that does not have ECG display?
  3. Any BLS scenarios that you can think of where having the ECG heart rhythm display would improve patient care prior to ALS?
  4. Any good youtube videos of LIFPAK 1000 ECG display that is better than the one below?

1. You can view the "lead" created by your pads while they're in place, or you can purchase a true 3-lead set.

2. It has voice prompts. If you go into manual mode or ECG mode, they are different than from AED mode. You can press Analyze in manual mode to get the same AED prompts.

3. Not terribly.

4. Not that I could find.

OP
OP
C

catskills

Forum Crew Member
1. You can view the "lead" created by your pads while they're in place, or you can purchase a true 3-lead set.
Chris much appreciate the feedback.

I got response from our LifePak representative and he says that a 3-lead set is the ONLY way to see the ecg heart rhythm. I am betting that you are right and my rep. is wrong. Just for kicks anyone else have personal experience with the ecg display model?

Personally for my BLS squad, if you need to use 3 lead its not going to be at all useful. I don't think a BLS squad should be wasting valuable time installing a 3 lead on a patient while staying and playing when we should be loading and going. If 3 lead is the only way to see the ecg on the display, then I don't think that feature is very useful for a BLS squad.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Chris much appreciate the feedback.

I got response from our LifePak representative and he says that a 3-lead set is the ONLY way to see the ecg heart rhythm. I am betting that you are right and my rep. is wrong. Just for kicks anyone else have personal experience with the ecg display model?

Personally for my BLS squad, if you need to use 3 lead its not going to be at all useful. I don't think a BLS squad should be wasting valuable time installing a 3 lead on a patient while staying and playing when we should be loading and going. If 3 lead is the only way to see the ecg on the display, then I don't think that feature is very useful for a BLS squad.

You can view the ECG rhythm in manual mode via the pads for 1000% certain, because I have done this on codes where I had one in my QRV.

In raw AED mode, your representative may have been correct.