Licensure of Paramedics

medicstudent101

Forum Lieutenant
This seems to be a fairly debated topic in the past couple years. I know various states such as Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, and Connecticut are among those that license their paramedic's versus certify. I can't say I've been able to research this in too much detail for each state, due to the lack of information online. However, if there's anyone on here that may be able to help answer some questions it'd be of great use to me and some of my colleagues.

1) How did your protocols differ from when you were certified versus licensed?
2) How many attempts did it take for the bill to be passed?
3) Did the pay level adjust over any course of time?
4) If it was fairly recent, How much of an effort was due to paramedic's grouping together and forming some sort of foundation to stand on when debating licensure?
5) What grounds or basis, helped the overall objective of licensure?
6) Finally, what was the biggest change that you didn't expect through licensure?

The motivating factor is more than just curiosity. Indiana, where I live, is currently fighting for licensure. This isn't the first time ,by any means, this has been attempted. I can't say for sure how many times this was shot down in the past. This time seems a bit different. The Bill has gone further than any of it's predecessors. Before today, I thought the Bill was withdrawn from the House but was mistaken. The link to the proposed Bill is posted bellow. Any advice on how to push this further or to help the cause would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2011/PDF/FISCAL/HB1061.001.pdf