KY paramedic course

Stoic

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone attended EMTPKY? I know its accredited. I'm starting my basic course there next month, it's 4 months long just wondering if anyone has been there for the 9 month paramedic course. what was your experience like and did you find that length long enough to be confident in the field. Thank you in advance

OP
OP
S

Stoic

Forum Ride Along
Yea I think it's 9 months of didactics on a 24/48 schedule 8am-5pm, then 340 hospital clinicals and 500 hrs ambulance time whenever you can fit them in. I read that somewhere on their site in the forms section but I could be wrong the didactic might be shorter.

Denver medic

Forum Ride Along
I went through a program similar to that here in Denver. The time in didactic was sufficient enough to appropriately learn the material. Due to the fact that it is faster than a college based program expect to put a little more time into studying. I would also find out if they have an agreement with a university or community college for college credit for time in the paramedic program. It would help provide you with options to pursue a degree in paramedicine or other field.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk