King Vision aBlade system?

FiremanMike

Just a dude
My biggest beef with the "channeled" tube delivery VL blade is that what you see may not be the trajectory the tube needs to take for success. And you don't know that until you fail. It would be like landing an aircraft with just what you see out of the windshield without any manipulation of manual controls. The tube and the scope/blade need to be independent of each other in order to take full advantage of VL. Why handcuff yourself by welding the tube to the scope when you have such a sophisticated way of visualizing the glottis? If a good view is achieved, a failed intubation is just not acceptable. That is a problem with the King product.

The greatest advantage of the glidescope (my personal favorite, with all due respect to my esteemed colleague) is the curved steel, manipulatable stylette that comes with it to over come the odd twists and turns that are required to place a tube in difficult patients...which in my opinion would include any out of hospital intubations.

There’s definitely a finesse to the channeled blade, but if you practice enough with it, can be very difficult to miss with it.

Most of the times a miss means you’re in too deep, back it up and try again..

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We carry metal copilot stylettes for our Kings.