"Katrina was Gods Punishment..."

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
This is from www.weartv.com our local ABC affiliate.

Katrina Sin
by: bpresken@sbgnet.com

An Alabama lawmaker says hurricane Katrina was God's punishment on a sinful part of America.
Montavallo state senator hank Erwin wrote in a weekly column for news outlets -- quote --``New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast have always been known for gambling, sin and wickedness. It is the kind of behavior that ultimately brings the judgment of God.'' ........
He also added that...``warnings year after year by Godly evangelists and preachers went unheeded. so why were we surprised when finally the hand of judgment fell?''...
The baptist theological seminary in New Orleans was flooded by Katrina.
But Erwin said the baptists knew they were ministering in a sinful place that could be targeted.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+Sep 30 2005, 04:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ Sep 30 2005, 04:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>He also added that...``warnings year after year by Godly evangelists and preachers went unheeded. so why were we surprised when finally the hand of judgment fell?''...[/b]

Ummm..... Guy walking around with "The world is going to end" signs don't count as "warnings" :rolleyes:

<!--QuoteBegin-EMTPrincess
@Sep 30 2005, 04:05 AM
The baptist theological seminary in New Orleans was flooded by Katrina. But Erwin said the baptists knew they were ministering in a sinful place that could be targeted.[/quote]
So? We operated out of the Jimmy Sweigert Ministries buildings!

jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Are these the same people that build the churches with the huge fire ball headed for the earth on the sign?

We have one of those in town.. Every halloween the local kids set fire to the sign. Everyone in town thinks they are nuts, they walk around town telling the townsfolk they are going to hell when the world comes to an end. Which was supposed to have happened three times in the past year. Like a cult or something to that effect. :blink: Only have services in the summer, come on huge busses from New Jersey. :rolleyes:

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Hey, maybe they are on to something.............a lot of the evacuees went to Houstin and where did Rita target? :eek: j/k

Or could it be that it is just "Hurricane Season" ;)

I guess it is human nature to attempt to answer "Why?". Just like now I am asking WHY would a chuch have a sign with a fireball and only meet during the summer?
Bwahahaha!! :lol:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Sep 30 2005, 08:24 AM
they walk around town telling the townsfolk they are going to hell when the world comes to an end. Which was supposed to have happened three times in the past year.
Wouldn't that tell them, like "Hey, maybe we got something wrong here.." ??? :rolleyes:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Then that begs me to ask... What did Florida do wrong last year? :unsure:

Four hurricanes in six weeks time. :blink:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 30 2005, 10:10 AM

Florida must have been sticking it's penninsula where it didn't belong. ;) :lol: :lol:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Wingnut+Sep 30 2005, 11:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Sep 30 2005, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Sep 30 2005, 10:10 AM

Florida must have been sticking it's penninsula where it didn't belong. ;) :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
so wrong!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Wingnut+Sep 30 2005, 09:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Sep 30 2005, 09:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Sep 30 2005, 08:24 AM
they walk around town telling the townsfolk they are going to hell when the world comes to an end. Which was supposed to have happened three times in the past year.
Wouldn't that tell them, like "Hey, maybe we got something wrong here.." ??? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
What gave you that clue?

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Wingnut+Sep 30 2005, 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Sep 30 2005, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Sep 30 2005, 10:10 AM

Florida must have been sticking it's penninsula where it didn't belong. ;) :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Ok thats just a HORRID mental picture. After all whats here in Florida...mostly Old people and Tourists....so now get that mental picture...90 year old gramma with 21 year old tourist :eek:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+Sep 30 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ Sep 30 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Wingnut@Sep 30 2005, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie
@Sep 30 2005, 10:10 AM

Florida must have been sticking it's penninsula where it didn't belong. ;) :lol: :lol:
Ok thats just a HORRID mental picture. After all whats here in Florida...mostly Old people and Tourists....so now get that mental picture...90 year old gramma with 21 year old tourist :eek: [/b][/quote]
ewwwwwwww :eek: <_< :ph34r:

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by Wingnut+Sep 30 2005, 06:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Sep 30 2005, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Sep 30 2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut@Sep 30 2005, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie
@Sep 30 2005, 10:10 AM
Then that begs me to ask... What did Florida do wrong last year?    :unsure: 

Four hurricanes in six weeks time.  :blink:

Ok thats just a HORRID mental picture. After all whats here in Florida...mostly Old people and Tourists....so now get that mental picture...90 year old gramma with 21 year old tourist :eek:
ewwwwwwww :eek: <_< :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Bwahahaha!!! That is freakin' funny. The mental pic I got was Anna Nicole Smith.............

90 y/o with 21 y/o :lol:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Again

ewwwwwwww :eek: <_< :ph34r:

medicNsand

Forum Probie
It's hurricane Alley, it's summer, **** happens,....be done with it. If anyone gets religious on the subject, I'm gonna hafta bust ya...LOL. Its not the 700 club with there fake "random illness" ********. How easy is itto speak to the masses being non-descript about names/faces, describing people with " lower back pain, inability to sleep, chest pain,..." Heck that s half of America,....and those are general symptoms with most people,.