Just stopping in...

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Haven't been around in a while...so I guess I should reintroduce myself.

My name is Matt, and I am a 22 year old student in Charleston, SC.

On Friday, I recieved my acceptance letter from the EMT/Paramedic program at Trident Tech. B) I am very happy that I got into the program and I am very anxious to start classes (the actual EMS classes start in early August).

For this summer, I am still working my job at an automotive shop and finishing the second half of my Anatomy and Physiology course at Trident.

I look forward to spending some time here on the boards and getting to know all of you over the next few years, as I imagine this can be a valuable resource as well as a pretty cool place to come and hang out with like-minded people.

-Matt

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
CONGRATS ON MEDIC SCHOOL!! And welcome back! :)

OP
OP
SC Bird

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
CONGRATS ON MEDIC SCHOOL!! And welcome back! :)

I guess I should clarify that Trident's program will start that begins in August will start with EMT-B, then advance to EMT-I by spring, and then EMT-P begins in the summer/fall of 2008.

-Matt

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I guess I should clarify that Trident's program will start that begins in August will start with EMT-B, then advance to EMT-I by spring, and then EMT-P begins in the summer/fall of 2008.

Oy Vey! Have a *good* summer, cause the following 18 months are gonna belong to your instructors. Good luck, and keep us up to date on how things go.

OP
OP
SC Bird

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Oy Vey! Have a *good* summer, cause the following 18 months are gonna belong to your instructors. Good luck, and keep us up to date on how things go.

Will do....I wish I had some summer vacation to speak of...but it will be totally taken up by work (trying to make some spare money before EMT school) and trying to ace the second half of my A&P class.

-Matt

NREMT3138

Forum Probie
Hello SC Bird

Nice to see a "neighbor" here. I am from NC (about 10 miles west of Charlotte). I'm a Paramedic student at Gaston College. Just finishing up Cardiology and working on Neurology right now. Congrats on getting started in August. I just assisted in a Nat'l Registry practical exam day. That gave me some good experience as to what to expect when I test in December. Don't let A&P kick your butt. I am 47 so if I can do it, I know somebody with a 22 year old brain can!!! LOL :) Take care and good luck.

OP
OP
SC Bird

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Nice to see a "neighbor" here. I am from NC (about 10 miles west of Charlotte). I'm a Paramedic student at Gaston College. Just finishing up Cardiology and working on Neurology right now. Congrats on getting started in August. I just assisted in a Nat'l Registry practical exam day. That gave me some good experience as to what to expect when I test in December. Don't let A&P kick your butt. I am 47 so if I can do it, I know somebody with a 22 year old brain can!!! LOL :) Take care and good luck.

Thanks....;)

Without having taken any Bio since I was 15 and in 9th grade, I was very happy to have pulled the third highest grade out of 120 students. Ended up with a 97 and an overall 4.0 for the semester.

I was very happy about that...now for the second half...I am just going to have to bust my butt just as much.

-Matt

chocchipsmom

Forum Probie
I would like to add my Congrats as well and wish you the best! As an instructor I can tell you that your instructors WILL be very tough on you! Who knows, you may be the medic that treats me!

I know my students say that as I get older, I'm not as nice as I used to be!:excl:

But, after 25 years I can honestly say, the trip is worth it!

OP
OP
SC Bird

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks....I realize the importance behind being hard on the students.

I certainly hope I can distinguish myself amongst the other students.

-Matt