just sayin hello

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
hey all,

i'm new here, just finished my basic course a week ago and am waiting impatiently for my natl registry results. nice to meet you guys.

rdkl

Forum Crew Member
Hi there! I remember not too long ago waiting around for my results...

OP
OP
monkeyfeet

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
did checking for 'em 18 times a day make 'em show up faster? 'cause so far it's not working for me.

WannaBEMT

Forum Crew Member
Let us know how you did and good luck, I have to do mine in December for intermediate

Jenn

rdkl

Forum Crew Member
It did not but I sure did try. The funny part is when it finally did show up I had stopped checking all the time so when I saw it I darn near fell out of my chair ;)

did checking for 'em 18 times a day make 'em show up faster? 'cause so far it's not working for me.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Welcome to the group; welcome welcome welcome!!

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
I did the same thing, rdkl. I checked a million times a day, though I can see the mailbox from where I sit, and I can see when the mail person comes by. I ran out there and nearly mauled her on a daily basis. But I gave up on checking and then I got the results. Good results, too! :)

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
It won't help. They update the database at 5pm EST.

I called them and asked about it. ;-)

OP
OP
monkeyfeet

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

dammit fm_emt, now i can't really justify checking 43 times a day, can i? thanks for putting an end to my blissful ignorance. <_<

well, now that i have to find something to fill the void compulsively checking for results used to occupy, do you guys have any thoughts on putting in for jobs with ambulance services before i know my results? am i better off just waiting? (i sort of figure i am, but i'm just so bad at waiting.)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
You're killing yourself for no reason (not that the rest of us here haven't done the same...lol). Look at it this way; you've been nose-to-the-grindstone for months now. Enjoy the interlude and do something relaxing or fun before your results come back. Life will go on and it will help pass the time (until 5 p.m. for the daily check ). Your results will come...promise :rolleyes:

OP
OP
monkeyfeet

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
thanks, tincan. no worries, though, i'm really pretty laid back. i'm moving on wednesday (moving is sort of a hobby of mine, perhaps even more so than changing careers) and checking for results and job openings compulsively had been my alternative to packing for the past few days. very responsible, i know. and actually, my emt class was less than a month long and worrisomely like summer camp. much more fun than grindstone.

as of 5 pm today... no results.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
When I was waiting for mine, I would allow myself only so many checks during the day. And I would check at specific times (the 5pm is good to know, now.) I finally did get my NR, but had to fight for my state cert. Something about the NR never sending my info...BS, the state's stupid. And they almost never picked up their phones. Acutally, I called the day it finally was processed, they hadn't put it up, so it was kinda fun to get my cert number over the phone.

Oh, and by the way, welcome!

OP
OP
monkeyfeet

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
been on the road and away from the internet for the last five days or so, but just checked for my results and i passed! yay!!

now i just need an apartment and a job, but at least it's a start.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Good job, and remember when you take your next NR test that they take 3 weeks at least to even think of grading things...hopefully that all will be changed with the NEW computer based testing:unsure: