Just hired!

galadriel

Forum Probie
After 6 months of applications, 3 interviews and lots of document chasing, I've been hired by PRN, an IFT ambulance company out of Glendale, CA. This will be my very first EMS job and I'm excited and nervous. Any advice for this older (47) newbie?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
After 6 months of applications, 3 interviews and lots of document chasing, I've been hired by PRN, an IFT ambulance company out of Glendale, CA. This will be my very first EMS job and I'm excited and nervous. Any advice for this older (47) newbie?

Congratulation, watch out for crazy drivers on the road.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
Speaking from the experience of working in the LA area...the most important thing to remember is that you can not pick up a patient in the city of Los Angeles unless you have the LACity DOT card

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Speaking from the experience of working in the LA area...the most important thing to remember is that you can not pick up a patient in the city of Los Angeles unless you have the LACity DOT card

It's small technicality :D That is a good point.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain

My advice would be to get your experience there but keep looking for other employment. I have never meet anyone content with working IFT in LA county. And grats!