Just Got Hired! Have some questions

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
so i just received a job offer at a county ems agency. It was literally an answer to my prayers! The director told me to be there at 8:30 tom morn to do a drug test. What kind of drug tests does your average rural EMS agency use? I figured it would be urinalysis, but im not sure. I just like to know what to expect. Also here is my main question. When i was 17 years old, i was at a house party, and the cops came and arrested us because there was weed in the house, im going to be honest, i smoked it that night for the first time. It was a stupid decision, but ive moved on and done a lot of growing up. Im now 20 y/o and 5 months from being 21, so this was a long time ago. I was never charged fortunately, i think the police officers did it to just scare us, but i was never charged with a misdemeanor. So.... The million dollar question, would this prevent me from employment?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Sounds like questions to ask your perspective employer, as they know best what they're looking for.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Probably urinalysis, but I know some companies do a hair follicle test... As for the weed... didn't you just say they already made you the offer?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You can always go to your state LE agency and run a background check on yourself. Might cost a little (here in NM it's like $12), but it'll show you exactly what comes up when they pull it.

OP
OP
A

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
Thanks TransportJockey! yeah, i went to KBI (kansas bureau of investigations) website and spent 20 dollars on a criminal background check and it came up with "No Records Found". So i think im good to go. Thanks again

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Since you were 17 when arrested, the chances of that being seen now that you're over 18 are slim to none... but good job on getting the check done on yourself. IT's good to not have any surprises come up on that.