Just Getting Started!

FlyerAce128

Forum Ride Along
Hello all,

I've been lurking around the site for awhile but I figured since I started my EMT-B class I should make an account and start participating! Before I started I did a ride with a rural ambulance company just outside of my city, which got me interested in starting my EMT class early. I'm also hoping to start with a fire department here as a volunteer so I need the EMT certification (department pays for it, but I talked to them and they agreed to have me take the class now and reimburse me after I complete recruit school. Score!). Even though I just started I'm really loving it, but am really nervous about the NREMT test. From what I hear it's a really difficult test and I want to do the best I can. I'm sure there is a lot of information around the forum on study guides and whatnot, so I'll at least wait before asking around, haha.

Anyway, I'm really excited about getting started in this field and look forward to getting to know the folks around here as well. Thanks!

fafinaf

Forum Probie
don't stress too much about the NREMT. right now just focus on your class and doing the best you can. try not to just remember everything, try to absorb the information. as for the NREMT, yeah it is tough, but if you study and absorb everything from class you will be fine. it's not impossible. also- my tip is take the NREMT as soooooon as you finish your class. that way theres no time for info to leak out of your head. there are some really good study guides out there, this forum has plenty of posts about them. goodluck bro!

Symbolic

Forum Crew Member
Just have fun with it. Learn as much as you can and don't stress over the NREMT at this point. If you take the class seriously and you give it your best shot, you will do fine!

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
congrats to you!
as far as study guides i didn't use any of them, just pay attention in class and participate as much as possible, ask questions take notes etc...
hold an A average and take your registry test no more than a week after you graduate..
i think you'll pass, but for now have fun in school get ready for a lot of homework!

IvanD

Forum Crew Member
good luck!! hope to be in your shoes sometime soon!

joness

Forum Probie
The NREMT was just a combination of all the tests you take in class, if you study for those and keep refreshing on that material then the NREMT shouldn't be that bad. Good luck, enjoy the class and your ride alongs!