Jury awards nearly $50 million after Fresno County man injured in ambulance ride

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Jury awards nearly $50 million after Fresno County man injured in ambulance ride

A Fresno County jury has awarded a Kingsburg man nearly $50 million in damages for injuries he suffered while being transported to the hospital by American Ambulance.

“On the way over, the paramedic decided to readjust the breathing tube that was providing him oxygen. But they couldn’t put the breathing tube back in. That led to cardiac arrest and then to a brain injury.”

Read more at: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article254788992.html

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief

A Fresno County jury has awarded a Kingsburg man nearly $50 million in damages for injuries he suffered while being transported to the hospital by American Ambulance.

“On the way over, the paramedic decided to readjust the breathing tube that was providing him oxygen. But they couldn’t put the breathing tube back in. That led to cardiac arrest and then to a brain injury.”

Read more at: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article254788992.html
Not a lot of actual information but the short deliberation time it was probably not high quality care if I had to guess

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder if he made up vitals…

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I wonder if he made up vitals…

His TO said it was cool.

There’s really no details in the article. I’d really like to know what exactly “…decided to readjust the tube” means and why exactly the tube needed to be readjusted. I’m curious how the jury went from the procedure facility jamming an endoscopy tube down his throat to the paramedic killed him? But juries can be dumb, they thought OJ didn’t do it.

…he woke up and had to be intubated and taken to the hospital to make sure his lungs were OK, said Paboojian.

This is a wonderfully vague lawyerly statement. I have a thousand questions and it would be nice if the media actually did some follow through in their reporting for once. I would’ve loved to have been the investigator on this case.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
$50M
That’s a lot of sponge baths.

Jeeze.