Jobs in Southern Florida

Iron

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, new EMT-B to the board. Just got licensed in Michigan as well as my NREMT. However, I may have a job offer in Hialeah or West Palm Beach with Medics Ambulance Service. I am completing my reciprocity papers. Does anyone in the Miami/South Florida have any information for me regarding this company? Ever work for them? Pros and Cons of the company and the general area as far as living goes? Any info would help, thanks!

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
A buddy of mine who I golf with in WPB works for medics. I also took a job with them untill he let me know a few things. Its a job and they pay 9-10 an hr. Thats the pros..

Then there are a lot of cons.... Which I dont work for the company so I do not want to start rumors on a public board. If that can tell you anything...:wacko:

reaper

Working Bum
They are a private service that will take all the advantage of you that they can.

That is all you need to know.

$10.00 an hour will not keep you alive in S FL.

FLEMTP

Forum Captain
Hey.. for what its worth.. I am a paramedic originally from MI and I moved to FL... i work in Southwest florida now. You wont be able to survive on a 10/hr salary in the miami/ft lauderdale area.. unless you dont mind living in a 1 br apartment with 12 other people.

Medics is not the best of agencies to work for. Several of my coworkers were SUPERVISORS for them.. and made less than a starting EMT with my agency. (45k/year)

Either stick with what you have in MI, or find a municipal agency in FL if you really wanna move here.

If you dont mind being treated like garbage and want to work for SLIGHTLY better pay than 10 bucks an hour, go to sunstar EMS on the west coast near tampa.. but get ready to be treated like **** on a good day. They pay sign on and relocation bonuses..but you HAVE to work there 2 years.. or they'll demand your first born in return ( not far from the truth)

DO a little more research.. there are better places to work in FL

OP
OP
I

Iron

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the heads up guys! I'll research more options. I know with Florida's cost of living, that pay won't cut it.