Job Hunting in MO/IL

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone else looking for jobs in Missouri/IL??

Im seeking employment as an EMT-B anywhere in the state of Missouri and in Central/Southern IL. I will be a medic before Sept. 1. If anyone know's of anyone hiring please let me know:p

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
We're pretty much in the same boat, you can try the usual places...Abbott, Gateway. I know Christian Northeast had a few EMT openings, you could try there.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
how far up in IL are you wanting to go? Are you wanting full/part time?

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
I have thought about becoming licensed in MO but not real sure If I want to.. Dont really need to for a job since I already have 2 but who knows what the future will hold

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
What part of IL are you in and what part of MO would you be applying? I live in St. Louis, and it seems the dept's on the east side of the river all are volunteer or maybe just a little behind what's in MO.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Im about 45 mins from stlouis. If I did work in MO it would probably be in stlouis or one of the communities around it. I know alot of the bigger towns such as belleville and alton and that all have paid services.. I only know of a handful of volunteer squads.

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
EMT is a hard job to get around here. Most services put on dual medic crews. You could work for Abbott or Gateway as an EMT. St. Louis City has EMT's but they only put a couple of on every 2 years or so.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
yea im not to worried about it right now since I already work for 2 different companies but like I said who knows what the future might hold..

OP
OP
ah2388

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
a couple hours north of st. louis in illinois would be fine, ive got no issue relocating...

truetiger where do you go to medic school at.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
You can try Lifestar, Medics First, America, those are all in springfield. Lifestar also has stations in alton and belleville I believe.