jb learning

Ediron

Forum Crew Member
Hi I know some of you have recommended the Jb course for the NREMT

and I wanted to know if you guys have passed the NREMT the first try with this course?
r the questions similar to those in NREMT?

reaper

Working Bum
It is not a course. It is just a bank of test questions. I think it is worth the money, for anyone that has problems testing. It will let you see how the questions are formated.

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
** Do a search, lots of talk about JB Learning here already. **

Summary: Many have passed first time after doing JB Learning. I passed paramedic first time after taking it. The questions are similar to NR and will help you prepare.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Many of my classmates bought it and used it for NREMT-P. I've not seen anyone who used it fail the written.

I did not use it, and passed the written fine.

MissMedicCMO

Forum Probie
I used it and swear by it...The first time I took it, im not gonna lie..i failed it...I didn't study thought I knew it all already and wasn't familar with the way the questions were worded. I originally bought jb learning but didn't use it because I thought the questions were not really geared toward the national registry..so needless to say went back 15 days later and passed with no problems. And the second time I used jb learning and not one of the websites...A world of difference..it is def. worth the money..and of course..ya gotta use it..lol

blevinsjosh

Forum Probie
I used this program as well. I failed my first attempt to the medic nremt.... I used the program allot and felt that I began to remember the questions in the test bank. Overall it is a good program tho

apumic

Forum Probie
Before spending money, I'd always suggest going to your local library. Also, most universities (and probably some community colleges as well) have free interlibrary loan programs, which can often get you great study resources for free. No need to spend your hard-earned money unless you know you're bad at test-taking.

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Before spending money, I'd always suggest going to your local library. Also, most universities (and probably some community colleges as well) have free interlibrary loan programs, which can often get you great study resources for free. No need to spend your hard-earned money unless you know you're bad at test-taking.

That's fine and dandy, but not good practice for an electronic test. Especially for those of you who have not taken computer-based exams before, JB Learning is a big help!

Velosprocket

Forum Probie
Geez, I just signed up for the JB Learning site and I'm feeling STUPID!

I thought I had a pretty good grasp too. I aced all my tests in class.

jmunar

Forum Probie
JB Test Prep is a great tool and investment. I used it to find my weak spots and studied over the sections in my Text. It's also in the format of how computer based testing is for the National Registry test.

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
It is not a course. It is just a bank of test questions. I think it is worth the money, for anyone that has problems testing. It will let you see how the questions are formated.

This^^^
passed the Nat'l test first time. none of the questions were on the test, but got you to know what KIND of questions will be asked..
and more importantly, what areas you need to be studying on.

CAPilot55

Forum Crew Member
I'm taking national registry on thursday..and keep using JB Learning and have been using it for about a week. But I think i am just starting to memorize the answers to the questions because i've taken the practice exams and finals over 15 times..Anyone have any input?

Velosprocket

Forum Probie
I'm taking national registry on thursday..and keep using JB Learning and have been using it for about a week. But I think i am just starting to memorize the answers to the questions because i've taken the practice exams and finals over 15 times..Anyone have any input?

Make sure you read and know why the answer is correct and you will be fine. As other people have stated, you will not see the exact JB Learning questions on the test. The JB site does an excellent job of showing you where your weakness is.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
proof positive?

Many people swear by it.. but I say otherwise.

There will be those individuals on either end of the spectrum... but for the most part, if you were awake at least half the time in school (and reasonably intelligent), you won't need JB Learning to pass National Registry.

I (and many others) have not used it and passed with no problem. I waited 4 months after graduating, and didn't crack a book until the day before testing... and only to review the rule of nines and OB

I think it works for those who believe it will work for them... yeah, I'm a pessimistic cynic.

themooingdawg

Forum Crew Member
Many people swear by it.. but I say otherwise.

There will be those individuals on either end of the spectrum... but for the most part, if you were awake at least half the time in school (and reasonably intelligent), you won't need JB Learning to pass National Registry.

I (and many others) have not used it and passed with no problem. I waited 4 months after graduating, and didn't crack a book until the day before testing... and only to review the rule of nines and OB

I think it works for those who believe it will work for them... yeah, I'm a pessimistic cynic.

i dont even know how this post even warrants a post in itself, unless you're trying to subtley brag about yourself; I dont see how any additional exercises and practice tests can harm anybody, but instead help the individual

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
i dont even know how this post even warrants a post in itself, unless you're trying to subtley brag about yourself; I dont see how any additional exercises and practice tests can harm anybody, but instead help the individual

Then maybe you ought to read it again.

If my post hit a nerve... well, that's just unfortunate. I was hoping to convey how irrelevant JB Learning is to successfully passing the NR. I don't need to brag, subtly or otherwise, as I don't feel (for me) that passing the NR is anything worth harping about. I have much more laudable exploits that I can lay claim to.

Last edited by a moderator:

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
any help is good help. Like I stated, jblearning did a good job of showing me what to concentrate on.
www.emtb.com helped me learn the terminology and mechanics.

OHMEDIC

Forum Probie
I used JBLearning to take my NREMT-P exam...I did pass it on the first time but just because you are taking the JBLearning questions doesn't mean you can put the books down.

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
I used JBLearning to take my NREMT-P exam...I did pass it on the first time but just because you are taking the JBLearning questions doesn't mean you can put the books down.

+1 on this !!!