I've got a secret...

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
The two patches on one arm makes me think of the local companies. They sew every patch they get on their uniforms.. I swear, it looks like a girl scout uniform. The chief has an EMT patch on the left and right arms, DOH Rescue on the left and right, CPR on the right chest, AED on the left chest, LifeLion patch on the right pocket, Dept. of Forestry on the right pocket, FF1 Patch on the right under the pocket, and finally the FD patch on the right side under the pocket. Others have even more. Why don't they just sew them all on the back, in order of importance...

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jul 4 2005, 09:12 PM
The two patches on one arm makes me think of the local companies. They sew every patch they get on their uniforms.. I swear, it looks like a girl scout uniform. The chief has an EMT patch on the left and right arms, DOH Rescue on the left and right, CPR on the right chest, AED on the left chest, LifeLion patch on the right pocket, Dept. of Forestry on the right pocket, FF1 Patch on the right under the pocket, and finally the FD patch on the right side under the pocket. Others have even more. Why don't they just sew them all on the back, in order of importance...
LOL. We have the American Flag on the left arm, the Department patch on the right, and your rank & serial (cert level) below that. Our summer class A is white shirt, hat, uniform pants, parade shoes.

Our full class A includes the jacket, tie, and gloves. The Jacket only has the fancy Department patch on the left and the rank & file on the right. We wear American Flag pins above our badge.

My Captain's pins have screws instead of pins so I can't wear them with my white shirt, so instead I have the AEMT pins, since it says Captain on my badge.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
We wear the department patch on the left shoulder and optionally, either the LA County EMT patch or the National Firefighters 9-11 Memorial Patch on the right (I have the flag). Yes, I know that makes the flag "fly" the wrong way, but the department patch is required to be on the left (standard for all departments in the area). Only Engineers and above wear collar brass. Navy blue year-round, though Chief's can wear white (the BCs usually wear blue though).

We don't wear any patches on our dress uniforms...seems to be the norm around here. Just rank stripes on the sleeves, badge, nametag and collar brass as above.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jul 4 2005, 06:21 PM
And here is my guy & I after this morning's parade:

116_1610.jpg
Awww, what a cute couple! :D

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Thanks. :)

Since he was one of my CC instructors I've been hearing various renditions of "hot for teacher" as people find out we're together... hehehe..

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jul 5 2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks. :)

Since he was one of my CC instructors I've been hearing various renditions of "hot for teacher" as people find out we're together... hehehe..
Awesome Video :p

Well being an on call service we don't wear uni's for calls. Closest we get is a department tee shirt or sweat shirt. We do have dress uni's for special details though, lt. blue uniform shirt with american flag left shoulder, dept. patch on the right, a name plate with cert level and serving since and a badge. Navy dress pants and black boots. Fairly simple.