It's me again, worried MN won't cert me bc of my dui from 7 years ago...but I did get an update from

Medicgirli87

Forum Probie
This is what they said,
"I submitted your National Registry card for processing. If you answered yes to anything in the disclosure statement the Complaint Review Committee will need to review your record before a new card will be issued."

So yea, waiting who knows how long to see if they'll deny me or not. I've obsessively searched Google for answers but I just don't know. It'll be 7 years that I got a DUI in TX, now waiting on MN approval. So bummed yall, all this hard work and possibly all for nothing. I don't want to clean toilets for the rest of my life, I want to help others and make up for my past life history. I guess if it's meant to be I'll be approved or if not maybe my dream just wasn't "meant to be" ....sorry for the rant.
I've looked into getting it expunged but it's not possible at this point I believe because I was found guilty. It's a closed case,had it all taken care of..
Any thoughts or advice my ems pals?
- alicia

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
Take a deep breath, give it a little time to process. Is your record clean since?

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Take it easy and give it some time. I heard stories of people with a past dui that was more than 7 years ago and did get their emt cert. It took me 3 months to get approve by my state due to past history that i had.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
My hubs has a DUI from when he was 20 (15 years ago). It hasn't effected his ability to get his license, EMS jobs, or even a paid fire department job. He has always been up front about it too.

The more time passes, the less people will even care about it.

OP
OP
Medicgirli87

Medicgirli87

Forum Probie
My hubs has a DUI from when he was 20 (15 years ago). It hasn't effected his ability to get his license, EMS jobs, or even a paid fire department job. He has always been up front about it too.

The more time passes, the less people will even care about it.
Thats what I'm hoping for, thanks for sharing