Is there anything I need to know ?

Hill

Forum Crew Member
Is there anything I need to do or know before I start EMT basic classes? I'm still a senior in high school so I have time to get my life together! Also do you think people will look down on me? I'm a girl for one, a black girl..well mixed. I love make up, nails "girly things" so I'm sure when I go to class next fall I feel like I'd be an odd ball. Now of course when I get there I'm going to love what I'm doing, and I just want to know what you think?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Be afraid, be very afraid. Kidding.

In all seriousness, if you're still a senior in high school you have your whole life ahead of you. Take it in stride.

With that being said, don't take the course lightly out of respect for others that have came before you in this field. Plus, anything worth learning about deserves that much.

I'm not sure what your end goals are, and you may not either, but the course itself should offer up an array of possibilities in the medical field alone, and perhaps beyond.

Either way good luck, take deep breaths, research this forum a bit further as I am sure there are plenty of posts and posters who can guide you further.

Good luck in your future endeavors and above all else, be yourself! Don't sweat what others think.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
There are only two reasons people wont accept your. 1. You are lazy (don't care, etc)or 2. they are *******s. If neither of those are true, then you will be fine.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
With that being said, don't take the course lightly out of respect for others that have came before you in this field. Plus, anything worth learning about deserves that much.

For the love of God this. Take everything with a grain of salt. If you do get into the prehospital setting on a ambulance we (field employees) tend to have a twisted sense of dark humor, don't take anything personal. Plus what StCEMT said, don't be THAT lazy pos, nobody like that person.

OP
OP
H

Hill

Forum Crew Member
For the love of God this. Take everything with a grain of salt. If you do get into the prehospital setting on a ambulance we (field employees) tend to have a twisted sense of dark humor, don't take anything personal. Plus what StCEMT said, don't be THAT lazy pos, nobody like that person.
Well! I am a lazy person..at home when I don't feel like cooking I make a smoothie instead and sometimes I skip my work outs. However im not the lazy let everyone do my work kind of person. Something in my soul doesn't like that

OP
OP
H

Hill

Forum Crew Member
Be afraid, be very afraid. Kidding.

In all seriousness, if you're still a senior in high school you have your whole life ahead of you. Take it in stride.

I'm not sure what your end goals are, and you may not either, but the course itself should offer up an array of possibilities in the medical field alone, and perhaps beyond.

Either way good luck, take deep breaths, research this forum a bit further as I am sure there are plenty of posts and posters who can guide you further.

Good luck in your future endeavors and above all else, be yourself! Don't sweat what others think.
You're right, I'm not sure what my end goal is. Although I want work my way up to paramedic status, however that's still not where I want to stop