Is it ethical to inform the general public of the problems in EMS?

Naota_X

Forum Crew Member
That is good to hear, I hope they get enough private ems in the city to lower the respond time to national average or better. After watching the video I was a bit confused, do Detroit not send fire trucks to each 911 call?

its split in half i belive fire does fire ems does ems but they are still called a fire department

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Depends on what the problems are.
It's probably unethical NOT to tell if it's the kinds of things private EMS sees on a day to day basis around here...but it's almost impossible to explain the magnitude and actual situations.

OP
OP
thegreypilgrim

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
That is good to hear, I hope they get enough private ems in the city to lower the respond time to national average or better. After watching the video I was a bit confused, do Detroit not send fire trucks to each 911 call?
The last thing a city like Detroit needs is a multitude of bottom-feeder private ambulance companies to come in and sap whatever's left of the city's budget when they demand subsidy to reimburse for "lower than expected revenues". Detroit doesn't have strong enough base of insured to support a fleet of commercial services.