Is an AREMT-P certificate worth it; are there any quality online paramedic programs?

lacountylifeguard

Forum Probie
I have an EMT-B certificate from the NREMT, and I am currently in another country where an AREMT training program is available. I was told that I can take some classes and complete the test to have the AREMT-P certificate, but I have read some positive and some (very) negative things about that organization. Right now, my training, work experience, and certifications in EMS are all from quality organizations, and I wouldn't want someone to look at my resume and say that I did a real EMT-B program and got some real work experience, then basically bought a paramedic certificate rather than getting some real training.

I am not planning on working as a paramedic, but I want additional EMS training that goes beyond the EMT-B course because I am generally interested in EMS, and because I think it is valuable knowledge. I plan to have a different full time job so I won't be able to study EMS full time, and the AREMT or an online program can work with my schedule. I also saw that there are some online paramedic programs that are accredited by the NREMT, but they would all require that I go back to the US for skills and/or internship experience, and that isn't an option.

So, my questions are, is the AREMT program even somewhat worthwhile, and/or is there an NREMT-accredited online program that would not require me to go back to the US but rather to do the hands-on skills in another country?