Interviews for PRN and Mercy Ambulance in Socal?

linziclip

Forum Probie
Hi!

This week I was contacted for an interview for both PRN and Mercy ambulance in Los Angeles.

I'm a full time student, so I can only do 15-20 hours a week at most. PRN said they had no minimum part time requirement, so that was encouraging.

How much does each company pay? Any other feedback/personal experience stories/interview tips?

Thanks!

jeepdude911

Forum Crew Member
If you have read some of the other threads, you might be advised that a possible deal exists for ProTransport-1 ambulance in the bay area (I used to work for them) to acquire PRN. If this goes through, the minimum part time requirement could change. Just giving you a little professional heads up.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
Jeep dude what are the requirements for part timers at protransport? I'm currently part time at PRN.
To the OP as a current employee at PRN I can say it's more decent then most IFT companies. I'm not too familiar with Mercy but I can fill in the blanks for PRN. Part timers are only required to work 2 shifts a month to keep your job. Prn is pretty hard up for emts. Pay is blah but it so SoCal. Shifts are throughout the day and night earliest is at 0100 latest is at 2300. They have dedicated BLS, ALS, and CCT RIGS. Shifts range from 8-11 hr shifts. First 8 hrs are straight everything after 8 is time and a half. Everything after 12 is double time. So you get ot every shift. Management is cool as are the crews. They are switching to tough books now so no written reports. Depending on the station. 3 stations located in east la, glendale, north hills, and lancaster. If they offer PT I would accept you pretty much make your own schedule which is nice for school. Lost of full timers try to get PT but most don't. Over all decent company to start.

Golden Eye

Forum Probie
Jeep dude what are the requirements for part timers at protransport? I'm currently part time at PRN.
To the OP as a current employee at PRN I can say it's more decent then most IFT companies. I'm not too familiar with Mercy but I can fill in the blanks for PRN. Part timers are only required to work 2 shifts a month to keep your job. Prn is pretty hard up for emts. Pay is blah but it so SoCal. Shifts are throughout the day and night earliest is at 0100 latest is at 2300. They have dedicated BLS, ALS, and CCT RIGS. Shifts range from 8-11 hr shifts. First 8 hrs are straight everything after 8 is time and a half. Everything after 12 is double time. So you get ot every shift. Management is cool as are the crews. They are switching to tough books now so no written reports. Depending on the station. 3 stations located in east la, glendale, north hills, and lancaster. If they offer PT I would accept you pretty much make your own schedule which is nice for school. Lost of full timers try to get PT but most don't. Over all decent company to start.

Hey I have some questions about PRN.
I thinking about applying there and was wondering what kind of questions do they asked in the interview?
If I applied at the East LA station, will I only work there or will they send me to different stations?
Do they offer 12 and 24 hours shifts?
What's the starting pay? My friend told me he's getting (10.50)(11.50)? I'm not sure which, but can you confirmed?

Thanks for answering!

OP
OP
L

linziclip

Forum Probie

Thanks so much, that was really helpful! :) I have an interview tomorrow, with the written and skills test..Any tips? Is the test hard/unusual? Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
Thanks!

cspinebrah

Forum Crew Member
PRN is probably one of the best only IFT companies in LA County right now. I wouldn't do Mercy unless you want to be ran by Dialysis calls.

Basic questions for all interviews. What have you done to prepare. What will you add to this company. Give me some of your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we choose you. Blah blah blah :glare:

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
When I got hired awhile ago it was 20 question test with op/np skills test. Training is updated I suppose because of switching to epcrs so I'm sure they teach you to work the tough book. They use the same that amr and lafd use. Over all pretty standard no trick questions.