Interview this Fri w/hospital based EMS

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Hi all. Have an interview this Friday with a 911 hospital based EMS. I'm extremely nervous. With all honest, only have about 7/8 months in EMS & that was dealing w/transport EMS & that ended about May / June 2012. So basically been out of the field for about 7 months, give or take. So as I'm sure you might have suspected, I'm extremely nervous. I really forgot a good amount of the work. Not because I just completely forgot it. But mainly due to it being, that working in transport EMS, I really didn't see that much "action". Most "intense" call I ever received was a stroke victim. I'm reading the skills book & it's definitely coming back to me but my questions are....

What should I expect on this interview being that working for a 911 hospital based EMS is basically the big time of EMS....????

And also, I'm glad I was called for an interview but being that they know I only have a few months of EMS experience & that's only in transport, why would they call someone with pretty much little experience??

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
:)

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Maybe they want to train you from the ground up?

Interviews are always so nerve wracking.. I hope you do well..