Instruction or lack of.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
After reading many posts of when and what their certification tests consist of, this concerns me as a fellow educator.

As an educator, I can assure I can give you the date, time, location (or least approximate) you will be eligible to take your test. I can also inform you what you should had been well prepared to take the test and you would have had review prior to testing.

I realize there are different state regulations, rules , etc. however; this does not allow or excuse instructors/education administrators from their responsibility. When one enters the program they should be given all the information on what tests (state, national) where, whom, and approximate date they test. All official paperwork should be finished soon after the class has been discharged. This should had been covered in professionalism and EMS standards.

When entering any course, be sure to enquire specific details to be better prepared. It is partial part of your responsibility to obtain such information if not given to you forehand.

Again, it is part of the instructors responsibility to assure the student is aware of the testing and certification process, not doing so is negligent on the instructor's part.

R/r 911