inservice programs

EMTstaroflife

Forum Ride Along
To all,

Let me begin by saying that I am not a "know-it-all" emt and don't carry myself as such, however, who thinks that their inservice programs need to be more stingant and demand more of the existing practicing emt's? I know I think that my service need some help. We have a couple of inservices a month(only have to attend one) of which we go over the same slides that we went over last year that came from a textbook most of us were taught from in school. Let me also say that EMS is also my second career and I have a BS in education(now u can see why I am alittle curious about it). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to approach the training officier(who is my shift superviser) about changing things up. Without being the young emt that thinks she "knows" better?

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
look for other agencies that do CE's seminars. I went to one that was provided by REACH Air ambulance and It was all about Helicopter safety, Penetration injusties, strokes, and all sorts of stuff... try orginizations like that perhaps>?

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
With a B.S. in education, you have probably many times more education than your training officer. You probably are more qualified than him for the job.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Try to get CEs from many different places. Some hospitals invite EMTs or Medics to Grand Rounds or M+M, others hold classes just for EMTs. See what neighboring FDs do.
Become expert (or involved) in something, and teach it, but better.

reaper

Working Bum
Private or Public? If you PM me who you are running with, I can help you some.