Information or Contacts

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
From anyone who has started a small business. Specifically a small training business. Some collegues and I are planning to start a small business, and I'm looking for someone who has already "done it" to advise and mentor us. Let me know if you can help!

Thanks in advance!
Jo

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
My mother in law & I have have a small real estate business going, I'm no expert but happy to help if I can.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Hiya Jo,

DT4EMS is now a "training entity" in Missouri. It takes a little legwork and some resources (equipment, medical director) but if you really want to do it you can.

Don't forget there are some HUGE changes coming for training entities in Missouri. If you are wanting to teach EMT-Core it might cost a pretty penny. There is a push to move more toward actual institutions like TCTI keeping the core in their hands.

You guys can do it, but make sure you are aware of what has been happening in Jeff City. Good Luck!

OP
OP
joemt

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
yeah.. becoming a TE isn't a big worry for me... I have established 2 in the past.... but figuring out all of the paperwork stuff, etc.. on a new business has me a bit confused. The state IS pushing Core stuff at the P level and above, but I really think that they'll be leaving B Levels and below alone. Guess we'll see in the long run.

The "Bureau" / "Unit" is going through some growing pains right now...well actually budget pains, so it will be interesting to see what the future of Missouri EMS holds. Thanks for posting though!

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Have you been getting the emails from the SAC and the other stuff from the "Unit"?

If not I can send it to you from the office tomorrow.

Did you file for an LLC and a Federal ID # and such yet?

OP
OP
joemt

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Had a meeting with the group last night... have been trying to decide not-for-profit vs. for profit and what will benefit us most to get this off the ground. Will be registering the name, getting the tax id #, etc.. this week.

Go ahead and forward me the sac updates... i don't get those, just the stuff from state. I'll PM you my work address.