Indianapolis

NorthShoreRich

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
Afternoon all!

curious what the job market in Indy is these days for Medics. And what the salary range seems to run. I was born in Indy [Irvington] and am thinking of returning.

Any good privates there?

The only services I know about are R/M and Wishard.

Thanks!

Rich

Afternoon all!

curious what the job market in Indy is these days for Medics. And what the salary range seems to run. I was born in Indy [Irvington] and am thinking of returning.

Any good privates there?

The only services I know about are R/M and Wishard.

Thanks!

Rich

Wishard is now Indy EMS... City run service. I'm still tempted to apply for IEMS. There is also IU Health EMS in the area

Currently, IEMS only has part-time positions available for medics. They are just about to start a hiring process for basics in the next week or so and are looking at hiring somewhere around 12.

IU Health has the contract at Lucas Oil for the first aid stations. I am not sure who does transports when needed.

As far as decent private service goes, I hear good things about Seals. Not real sure about any of the privates any more since I lost track of that once getting back on a 911 truck.

I can tell you that right now, about the only thing out there in this area are part-time jobs. After getting laid off from the fire department the other week, I have been scouring all sorts of websites, both job search sites, and organizations' web sites. At this point I am still looking for 911 though, and am looking outside of Marion County.

I am sure you could get a fulltime job at pretty much any private service in the area, just not sure you would really want to work for most of them.

Back