I'm trying to learn as much as I can about ambulances

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Which is my point. I don't like smoking either, because it makes the diesel community look bad.

My point was, at idle, the engine isn't hiring very hot, which creates soot build up in things like the turbo (especially CHAT turbos) and particulate filters, which is why they have those burn off modes. I haven't had a Chevy do it, but I know the Fords can lock you out of driving if it needs to burn off the filters.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've heard of the Fords doing that. Haven't heard anything about the Chevy or the Ram doing that. Either way I would ride out the warranty and once its up is when I would delete all that crap. Impossible to do for work vehicles but where I'm at the select few diesels we have are older models (I wanna say 6.0 but I'm not sure). Diesels are slower but in the summertime out here the AC is way better than the gas mods we run. Wonder if that would have any affect on the newer motors.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I've heard of the Fords doing that. Haven't heard anything about the Chevy or the Ram doing that. Either way I would ride out the warranty and once its up is when I would delete all that crap. Impossible to do for work vehicles but where I'm at the select few diesels we have are older models (I wanna say 6.0 but I'm not sure). Diesels are slower but in the summertime out here the AC is way better than the gas mods we run. Wonder if that would have any affect on the newer motors.
The Chevy's we have limit their speed if we don't drive enough. Usually it's limited to 55mph, but I've had it limited to 15mph once.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The Chevy's we have limit their speed if we don't drive enough. Usually it's limited to 55mph, but I've had it limited to 15mph once.

Forget that.