i'm really worried.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
students need to learn to walk before they can run RR

nobody starts off with calculus

i can recall many 'granny on the floor' scenario's where students simply treated/reported what they saw

i can also recall the natural evolution in them asking patient Hx , revealing underying vertigo/syncopy prior to event, or as i like to hint, Chicken or the Egg?

what i don't appreciate are those sorts whom would create this senario and then tell the student afterwards that s/he didn't ask for next of kin as to granny's Hx (even though there may be no next of kin present, and granny's X1)

This is pulling the rug out from under them unnecessarily , and serves no purpose other than to belittle a student, puff the trainers ego up, or both imho.

i always preached that we are detectives (one of my partners actually wears an Inspector Clouseu style hat for this speil) , we are the eyes and ears of the e.r.

are there 'twilight zone calls'?

sure there are

do patients that don't fit the book?

you betcha

would i create a no-win scenario out of either of these?

nope, sorry, i'm just not a prick

incidently, a former first responder student of mine has recently graduated Northeastern as a Paramedic,she's off to a carear in ems now. seems i fanned the flame of desire correctly on that one....

~S~