If you had to chose one manufacturer

seshan

Forum Crew Member
if you had to chose one manufacturer when purchasing your next vehicle, who would it be?

MedCoast Ambulance

Forum Probie
we are using leader but i really like UV modular out of the UK......they have some great rollover protection and performance ideas. it is a modular on a Mercedes frame.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Ferrari, oh yes code 3 will never be so fun.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've always liked Hortons... but we've been using Lifelines, and they seem to have lots of options too.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain

mattulance

Forum Crew Member
Ford?

Can you still say "I would buy a ford with chassis" and not get laughed at, seriously the 08'up f-series are nice with the 6.4L. Horton makes a nice mod, I am on a shift right now 99 e-series Horton 325,000 miles and still going strong.

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
trust me, a few of the services around here (including us) have used the newer fords with 6.4 in them, and have nothing but troubles with them. We have a 2001 with the 7.3 in it, and has kept running strong (no problems) since the day we bought it. Maybe we've all had isolated incidents, but i would never ever buy another unit on a ford chassis if it had the 6.4 in it.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
second that, the ford 6.4 have been nothing but trouble since the start...that's why they changed over to the 7.3 liter so quickly.

reaper

Working Bum
Frazers are excellent rigs.

BTW, Ford stopped useing the 7.3L in 2001. We have 8 new 6.4L and have had no trouble with them.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Frazers are excellent rigs.

BTW, Ford stopped useing the 7.3L in 2001. We have 8 new 6.4L and have had no trouble with them.

they're dropping the 6.4 again due to it's problems...i forget what they are something about throttle sticking and ECU shortings and going nutz.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
international chassis, horton box

or

gmc chassis with a horton box

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
can i switch my answer to a schnook? (helicopter);)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
dude, your sig line is really obnoxious...