Identical recurring wrecks

Austin carawan

Forum Crew Member
just got back home from working a wreck for my volunteer dept, this would mark the 3rd single vehicle rollover in the same curve. This patient was the worst of all 3. Thrown to rear of car no seatbelt, poor girl. We had her medivac'd out to Norfolk. Hopefully NCDOT will take note of this pattern. The next may not be so lucky...

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Was there a question in there?
Regardless, I guess I know how you feel. The small downtown area down the street from my station is a traffic accident nightmare. It is a state route that splits into two one-way streets (each 2 lanes) and people are always going the wrong way because they can't see the other road and assume that it's a 2 way street. I really wish they would put up "one way" signs (since apparently people don't know that white lines divide same-direction lanes).

OP
OP
Austin carawan

Austin carawan

Forum Crew Member
Haha no, no question, just something they should investigate, no reflectors, or arrow signs, just a straight shot on either end. I saw the other day where it looked like someone plowed it again but they must've drove off as we never responded.
Was there a question in there?
Regardless, I guess I know how you feel. The small downtown area down the street from my station is a traffic accident nightmare. It is a state route that splits into two one-way streets (each 2 lanes) and people are always going the wrong way because they can't see the other road and assume that it's a 2 way street. I really wish they would put up "one way" signs (since apparently people don't know that white lines divide same-direction lanes).

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Then go to town hall and see if there's anything you can do to get the ball rolling...