ideas for a new device?

andresmdn

Forum Ride Along
Hi there everyone

New basic here, passed the national registry just this summer!

Anyways I'll get right to it. So have any of you veterans ever wished you had a device in your truck that doesn't exist? Something that could perhaps be used to monitor, give feedback or provide some type of automated service on a patient? I know there are plenty of gadgets already available, so maybe even some type of integration of existing tools might be useful.

I'm a senior this year in college, studying electrical engineering, and part of the program is a senior design project. I'll possibly be on a team with mechanical engineers so theres the potential for mechanical components. Any ideas? This has the potential to become something that would assist real-life EMTs!

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You only need to post 1 time. Browse around and try the search feature. There are already threads discussing this.

OP
OP
A

andresmdn

Forum Ride Along
apologies was unsure which of the two subforums to post in. I did spend some time searching through existing threads before posting, and all of the devices suggested were of a purely mechanical nature. So I should have specified, any ideas for an electronic/electromechanical devices?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Magnetically-closing cabinet doors.

OP
OP
A

andresmdn

Forum Ride Along
great idea, we can take all the handles off the doors and use microcontrollers to open/close the cabinet doors via voice commands and electromagnets!

Seriously though, I'm not trying to be annoying or waste anyones time with this. I'd just like to have a meaningful project that'll be useful, and I guess if I'm being completely honest a good grade

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Not actuated or anything, just a solid, secure closure mechanism that can be articulated by hand without jamming or sliding back open.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I don't say this often, but use the search function. One of these threads is made every few weeks with yet another engineering student looking to pass a class. I'm sure you can find an idea in one of those threads.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Not actuated or anything, just a solid, secure closure mechanism that can be articulated by hand without jamming or sliding back open.

+1

Simple is better. On of my biggest frustration causes are those dang sliding plexiglas doors that jam every two inches.