Ideal number for a code

How many people do you prefer to work a full code?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• As many as I can find

• Total voters
OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Feb 17 2005, 04:14 PM
Wow, shorthairedpunk's whole family is involved in EMS, cool... is the name of your town Whackerville?

(that's a joke incase you haven't seen it elsewhere on the site)
Can't you just imagine the conversation around the dinner table?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Feb 17 2005, 06:14 PM
Wow, shorthairedpunk's whole family is involved in EMS, cool... is the name of your town Whackerville?

(that's a joke incase you haven't seen it elsewhere on the site)
No. He doesn't live near Zak and myself

Jon

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Im going with 4. This way its not too crowded. But, thats usually not the case around here. If it comes over the radio as a full code, 20 people show up. Some I've never met! Then it gets crazy. 5 people are all trying to do the same thing and it just doesnt work. The last code we worked we had 5. 3 medics, and 2 emts. That was nice. I think we could have done with one less medic. Oh well.

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Because we have had to manage so long with minimal help - my # is low.

1 to drive
1 for CPR
1 for Airway management
1 for drugs and Monitor

2 crews is all we are alloted, and it seems to work for us. In my volly area, there are many hands that have good intentions, but less personnel is easier for the Paramedics around here to manage.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by Phridae@Feb 18 2005, 04:24 PM
Im going with 4. This way its not too crowded. But, thats usually not the case around here. If it comes over the radio as a full code, 20 people show up. Some I've never met! Then it gets crazy. 5 people are all trying to do the same thing and it just doesnt work. The last code we worked we had 5. 3 medics, and 2 emts. That was nice. I think we could have done with one less medic. Oh well.
Lol, when I first read your post I saw "5.3 medics"... took me a second... hehe - gotta get to sleep, shift at 7am. :D

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Feb 18 2005, 08:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Feb 18 2005, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@Feb 18 2005, 04:24 PM
Lol, when I first read your post I saw "5.3 medics"... took me a second... hehe - gotta get to sleep, shift at 7am. :D [/b][/quote]
Maybe one of them was pregnant? First tri-mester, if it's 5.3 :p

Must also get sleep, but looking for #6000 first.