I need some help here please...

JennEMT

Forum Ride Along

Hey all-

I need some help, I am an EMT-I at a county jail. I have been there about a year and before that on a ambulance for about 6 months. When I completed EMS school and got my 1st job 2 days later my dad was diagnosed with end stage lung cancer, I quit and took care of him until he passed 3 months later. I have kinda been out of touch per say with all the goes on with EMS, I have my national registry card expiring in march and I do not know what I need to do and how many hours I need to renew, I am in GA and I know it differs state to state but can anyone give me an idea of what I am needing to get to be able to recert this, I do not want to lose it. Are than any online places to get the hours, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jenn:)

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
No, your National Registry recert requirements do NOT differ state to state...hence the "National" part.

You requirements for a state license may vary but for NR they do not.

For all your NR needs, go to www.NREMT.org

Everything is answered very clearly there on what you need to complete in order to recert.

Once you have those requirements listed out for yourself, then come back and ask where you can do some of the classes.

Also, is your state a NR state...meaning all you need is a current NR card in order to get a state card? If so, then that makes things easier for you.