I miss chatting with EMTLife'ers...

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
This is completely going to come off as a whine... but here I go!

I miss chatting with EnjoyNZ / Sapphire / Airwaygoddess / (that LEO dude who switched to EMS) / John / Megs / (etc...), because someone decided it'd be a brilliant idea to put a 150 post minimum on the login for chat.

So I lurk a lot now, and rarely open my mouth, unless I'm sure I'm posting something meaningful and that will contribute to the community... (I used to reply to a lot, whenever I felt like I had even a morsel to offer, and often posted crap posts, and/or posted without thinking, for the sake of "being part of the crowd" and got myself into hot water)

Why does this mean I (and anyone else who might share my same POV) have to be punished, for trying to offer quality over quantity?

Are we being encouraged to make 150 posts of crap/nonsense before we're allowed to discuss things live with other members? (I get that you want to keep NEW newbies out of the chat... but 150 posts? Seems a bit steep...)

I'd like to understand the justifications and reasoning behind the 150 post minimum. Do we want to encourage newbies to dive into discussions and post things like "Great idea" or "OK!" or "Hey, that sounds cool." just to up their post count?

(or start ridiculous topics that may or may not have already been beaten to death...)

Just my $0.02

(...and ironically 1/90th of my way towards being able to hang out in the chat again... maybe if this drums up enough discussion, I'll be back in there in no time...)

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I do believe the new policy resulted in a reduction of participation on the chat forum. I too have noticed the lack of participation (at least during the times I get on). If memory serves me correctly, the problem was newbies getting on there and starting crap.

I still pop in once in a while, but not like I used to.

Ray

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
So saddle up and post!

If you don't want to comment, then ask questions. (No, not like "Did your mother dress you?" In fact, she did not, she ahs better taste). Heck, use "search" then start your own thread.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
10-4

Missed the fine print. (the large bold (red) text threw me off.)

I didn't want anyone to claim they didn't see that part.

Also, check your PM's.;)