"I had this one call..."

mikie

Forum Lurker
Do people ever get on your nerves (colleagues, mostly) for always starting or interrupting conversation with, "I had this one call..." and "I was like to the medic..." ?

Partially ask because I have a colleague that does and after a while, it gets in the way of work (EMT-B instructor/adjuncts). How can I gently tell him to STFU! :p

[sorry if you're one of those peolpe, no offense. It's nothing personal.]

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Do the same thing in response. Do it until they say something. Become so obnoxious that YOU WIN,

That is the way of EMS grasshopper. B)

Wy medic

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Hey, you guys, I'm right here! I can hear you! Guys!...

Being a garrulous old coot, let me tell you that it can be that the informant is trying to be important because of self-doubt, or trying to be the Jedi Master, or maybe forgot he even told you the story before.
Work out a code. If it's a rerun, do somerthing like ask how his dog is or something!
If the informant is young, check the veracity. Might be a Munchausen.;)

jochi1543

Forum Captain
Even worse when you work with a compulsive liar who starts telling you about the calls YOU had together just a few weeks ago and claiming they did them with someone else/at another service/couple of years ago/whatever and/or adding gory details that were absent. Every MVC seems to have had more and more passengers every single time...:rolleyes:

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I feel like this happens in almost every field. When i was doing billing, we always are like this one time with an insurance company or with a patient...

Its part of the whole environment of the job if the supervisors let it be that way.