I got accepted!

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Cool thanks a lot for the info! I have been trying to find someone with some first hand experience applying there and had no luck in the past. Good luck with the program!

OP
OP
Thriceknight

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
Well....I'm almost a month in and damn. A&P is wooooooooowza! :wacko:
For someone who got his GED and didn't get any sciences...this is a lot to take in all at once and at such a fast pace! But I'm enjoying it. Sometimes it feels like I'm reading english but then it invariably turns into arabic! LOL ;)

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Haha stick with it!! It will definitely be worth it in the end. How large is the class and are others feeling the same way?

OP
OP
Thriceknight

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
Haha stick with it!! It will definitely be worth it in the end. How large is the class and are others feeling the same way?

LOL Thanks. I'm assuming it'll all come together....I hope!! HAHAHA We are a class of 19 and pretty much everyone feels the same. I think I heard that as a class we are all pretty close grade-wise so that's cool. There's two smarty pants guys already. One's smart but humble...and the other is cocky already. Oh well. All in all a good mix of people and experience.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
LOL Thanks. I'm assuming it'll all come together....I hope!! HAHAHA We are a class of 19 and pretty much everyone feels the same. I think I heard that as a class we are all pretty close grade-wise so that's cool. There's two smarty pants guys already. One's smart but humble...and the other is cocky already. Oh well. All in all a good mix of people and experience.

sit next to the nice smart guy and study with him after class and stuff.

MrJones

Iconoclast
A&P is included in the course. Its the first 5 weeks of class. I currently live in Visalia and work for AMR.

5 weeks? Must be nice. Last semester I had 16 weeks of Anatomy and 16 weeks of Physiology. This semester I have 16 weeks of Pathophysiology. I'm thinking I'll have the whole A&P thing wired pretty tight when I hit the street. :lol:

OP
OP
Thriceknight

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
Update....

Starting to really suck! lol I love what I'm doing but I am waaaaaaaay hating life right now. I feel like i'm just not getting it. I'm doing well on the tests/exams...holding a B average...but I just feel like I'm not retaining the information....Got our drug list to memorize. 5-7 drugs a week for the next few months. Got our skills sheets. Started practicing Intubation and IV establishment and medication administration. Next we start PT assessment. I'm not going to give up by any means...but damn!

Till next time......

Bryan:wacko:

EMS 911

Forum Probie
First of all - I will be quite honest...I did not have much of a life outside of medic school for two years due to constant studying. For me, I had to study a little bit everyday (colored flashcards are a must for any visual learners!) and used anything that would help me "visually" capture the image of the medic skills, sciences, meds, etc. Flashcards and different colored ink pens were great for me (red for cardiac, blue for respiratory, etc), along with a separate binder for each class. Study everyday and it will start to click.