I don't believe this - how stuipd can one be ?

JPINFV

Gadfly
However, compared to some of these accidents, the damage done to the car was very minor. However, all of that energy has to go somewhere, and if it isn't going into crumple zones or pieces of body flying off, more of it is going to be absorbed by the body.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
The ER docs here really like it if we have pictures for them, especially on accidents where the pt isn't able to tell us what happened, whether it's because of injury, intoxication, age, or whatever. I know someone who used to work in Seattle, and at Harborview there is a TV with a SD card reader attached in the ER, so they can stick the card for the camera in and display the pictures on the big screen.

One of the very very scary things this family wants to happen is a law banning EMS personnel from having a cell phone while on a call. They argue that the radio can do everything.

I can't find out what a drug is over the radio, I can't talk to the doc at the ER over the radio, I can't give dispatch certain information over the radio, and I can't talk about problems with my supervisor over the radio. All things that I or my partner have used a cell phone on scene for, on more than one occasion.

"Dispatch Acme unit 100"
"Dispatch, go ahead"
"Yeah, we need the supervisor to meet us at the hospital, my partner had an exposure".

Sorry. No.

Or better yet:

"Dispatch, Acme unit 100"
"Dispatch, go ahead"
"Yeah, we need the supervisor here becuase the fire fighter is violating the pts DNR, and he and the patients son are yelling at each other and my partner just had to step in and tell the firefighter if he didn't stop we were going to have to contact PD".

Again, no.

I've had 10 minute conversations with docs about complicated cases, not really something that works over the radio.

The only way that something like that would fly with the EMS community is if also included in the law was a provision that employers have to provide each crew with a camera-less cellphone. If it isn't in the law, employers won't do it, and people will continue to carry their personal phones.

Wait no cell phones, my god how would my wife tell me what I forgot to do before I left for work or what needs to done when I get home.

I think it would be quite peaceful, my wife on the other hand would organize a walk on Washington.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Wait no cell phones, my god how would my wife tell me what I forgot to do before I left for work or what needs to done when I get home.

I think it would be quite peaceful, my wife on the other hand would organize a walk on Washington.

That's pretty much where I'm coming from on the cell phone issue.

Give me your wife's number, lol.

goodgrief

Forum Lieutenant
Tech. The FF didnt do anything wrong, under GA law.

He was fired, not for filming the video, but for lying to an investgator and his supervisor because he refused to give up the name of the 1 person he shared the video with.

The 1 person he shared it with is the one who passed it around and got it posted online.

That person still has his job.

And I cant wait until Jan to see the government, start passing laws on things they know nothing about.