I did search first... I promise

brentoli

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone here have experience with tactical medicine. I am looking at a course next spring that is 800 dollars. I don't have any affiliation with the SWAT team other then being a dispatcher, but it is somthing I am really interested in. Does anyone have some suggestions or anything to input? :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
We have talked about this a few times in the past... but it is ALWAYS a fun discussion...Plus... we don't get mad when folks can't find something with a search. Actually, I think some of the search functionality got messed up with the transition to the new board software... but I'm not sure... I think it is difficult to search older files.

LUNO... Oh, LUNO.... The Forum Needs You!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
brentoli

brentoli

Forum Crew Member
I saw some of the posts, but I couldn't get a good sense of what I am thinking...

Rock the boat, dont rock the boat baby... sorry M and M commercial

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Though I'm speaking somewhat out of my lane, I recommend you become ALS certified prior to going into TEMS.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
My private service sent a group of Paramedics through the CONTOMS course. We were lucky that a local PD allowed us to affiliate with them, even though we're a private service serving many communities.

I may be totally wrong when I say this, but I always thought that for TEMS you wanted to go to the CONTOMS course/training center in DC/Virginia (I'm not sure of the location).

I'm not sure I've been helpful, but I can say that the medics loved the training and the gear that comes with it :)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
You have PM.

The person to get with about this is LUNO. Search the member list for him and then send him and email.

I'd give you his email address, but considering who I'm talking about....well he might just end up having his way with me and and I'd never be heard from again.....

:p :p :p :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I already sent him a PM that we need him ;)