I did it...now what?

Tii

Forum Probie
Not sure if a lot of you remember but I had a post wondering more so about why it was so hard hearing back for EMS squads. Well long story short I got picked up by the volunteer squad that I wanted to be. I asked one of the captains he said mainly because people are afraid to pick up the phones. :rolleyes: lol

Well I always also able to FINALLY find an EMT program, I am still a little fuzzy on whether or not my squad pays for it but thats another story. My main question was is scrubs considered acceptable clothing to wear for my first day of training? It says the colors and states pants and what not to wear (spandex, sweat pants, shorts, etc.). However, I feel like it's such an obvious answer and I guess my question was more so do they mean to wear the navy blue tactical pants that EMTS wear or scrub pants are ok?

Apologizing in advanced for my ignorance or my over thinking.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I wouldn't. Scrubs aren't professional outside of a hospital setting. If you can get a pair of emt pants that's great. If not, navy or tan khakis would look better than scrubs in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

spnjsquad

Forum Crew Member
I would advise against scrubs pants. As said, they look a bit unprofessional. You can pick up a decent pair of work pants like ****ies at most department stores. They aren't made specifically for EMT's, but they're navy and have the cargo pockets that you may need for carrying equipment. Hold off on buying a nice pair of EMT pants until you become an EMT, those pants have all the bells and whistles to carry scissors and penlights and such, but since your're not an EMT yet, you're not really going to have any use for them.

I reccomend something like these for now: http://www.sears.com/****ies-men-s-...VA69130812P?prdNo=34&blockNo=34&blockType=G34

And these when you become an EMT: http://www.galls.com/elbeco-tek2-emt-trouser#.U6lpXn29pok

OP
OP
Tii

Tii

Forum Probie
I would advise against scrubs pants. As said, they look a bit unprofessional. You can pick up a decent pair of work pants like ****ies at most department stores. They aren't made specifically for EMT's, but they're navy and have the cargo pockets that you may need for carrying equipment. Hold off on buying a nice pair of EMT pants until you become an EMT, those pants have all the bells and whistles to carry scissors and penlights and such, but since your're not an EMT yet, you're not really going to have any use for them.

I reccomend something like these for now: http://www.sears.com/****ies-men-s-...VA69130812P?prdNo=34&blockNo=34&blockType=G34

And these when you become an EMT: http://www.galls.com/elbeco-tek2-emt-trouser#.U6lpXn29pok

I just clicked on the sears link and noticed it was for men, should I just buy the EMT pants since I am volunteering for the rescue squad anyway?

spnjsquad

Forum Crew Member
I suppose. Just be careful when ordering online due to sizing problems. If you can find somewhere local then my all means go to that store, but if not this should be fine.

OP
OP
Tii

Tii

Forum Probie
I suppose. Just be careful when ordering online due to sizing problems. If you can find somewhere local then my all means go to that store, but if not this should be fine.

Thanks! I did click to see one there if they had any women's and they did not so I will just go to uniform store that sells EMT clothing. Thanks again

rmena

Forum Crew Member
honestly if its just for class...go down to Walmart and get yourself some ****ies with cargo pockets. get a seam ripper and get rid of the red "****ies" tag and there ya go!

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
You'll be in those pants, a lot, so don't skimp. 5.11 or your local duty/standard issue shop will have some EMT or fire pants. I'd be double checking with the school's dress code though, odd that it isn't really uniform if it just says "pants" with some colors.