I can see daylight!

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally, I can see daylight at the end of a very long tunnel. I think I may have mentioned it a while ago that I'm taking a distance course to get my ACP tag. I've been picking away at it for 18 months now and finally have all my tests, exams, labs and scenarios done. OR about 1000 hours into it, (officially). How I wish it was only that much. We were told that for every hour of didactic we would need to spend 3 hours studying on our own. I think they underestimated by about half.

I say I can see daylight because tonight I did my last two scenarios and passed them both. I wrote my final written exam last week. Only 854 hours and thirty minutes to go. 350 hrs of clinical, 504 of truck time and 30 min. of oral boards with the Dr.

I can finally set a schedule. No more waiting for when someone can proctor a test for me, or set up a scenario. I can just book myself into the hosp. for my clinicals and then a preceptor for my ride time.

For anyone thinking of doing a distance ed. course. Don't walk, RUN from it. You have to be incredably disciplined to force yourself to study and watch dry taped lectures. It is much better to sell your first born and left (you know;)), and just go to school full time and live with the debt later. Thats what I did to get my PCP and it is a much better way to go.

I'll finish this yet. If only to show you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Thanks for listening. I'll see you on the pages.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
GO for it! Excellent!

......ok ten characters....

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Bright Light!!

That light is going to be so bright!! Great to hear that you are getting closer to your goal!! B):)B)