I am starting a new Ambulace Service

Infiri

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
Hi, I am starting a new Ambulace Services just got a new Level I ambulace and waiting for my permit from the goverment.
My question is, for non-emergency calls/trips do I have to register with health insurance??
Any help and other tips about anything please feel free..
Charles

well Charles

it probably depends on which goverment your dealing with...

~S~

Is this thread real? You're asking what you need to do to start an ambulance service?

This isn't like setting up a lemonade stand back in the day. There are regulations, permits, licenses, and inspections you need to have and pass.

Buying the ambulance is the easy part, the rest is what makes you an ambulance service.

Pr.

"Is this thread real? You're asking what you need to do to start an ambulance service?

This isn't like setting up a lemonade stand back in the day. There are regulations, permits, licenses, and inspections you need to have and pass.

Buying the ambulance is the easy part, the rest is what makes you an ambulance service."

Yes, permits, got them. Licenses dont need one.. just a permits if you are the owner.
Inspections, that is next week. already got the ambulance, and already talking with goverment official for a contract.
Now, I am asking for any tips...
and my main question do i need to register with health insurances?

you mean health insurance for yourself, your employees or registering for a contract of sorts.

I am talking for registering...
If I pick a patient with Humana health insurance, in a non-emergency trip to the hosp. Do I have to be register with Humana??

Infiri ,

perhaps you could have a word with your local medical director(s), local ER, or even your competition...

while there may be members who recall the start of a service here, the legalities you seek may be demographically specific

good luck

~S~

In the event you pick someone up for a non-emergency transport,you have to get the patient's health insurance info and bill the insurance company.

if i understand the question, he is asking if he has to have a pre-existing account with a particular ins company to bill them for a call or whether he can bill any ins at anytime with no previous contact.

do i have that right?????

The answer of whether or not you need to have a pre exisiting accout with a medical insurance provider is yes. They way you go about that is calling them up and finding out what you need from them. No one here will have the info but the insurance companies, HMO's & medicar/medicaid will have the info.

Back