Hydrogel Dressings in Burn first aid - published systematic review available

Melbourne MICA

Forum Captain
Hi all - as promised, my systematic review is now available for download for those interested in the subject. There is a lot of confusion about burn first aid. If the clinical picture for burn victims wasn't so dire the poor level of standardisation of practice might not raise so many eyebrows. But its a shambles. Hope the paper encourages further discussion.

Melbourne MICA.
PS Feel free to share around with colleagues on a private basis but no posting on carriage services, web sites etc. Copyright stuff for publisher and journal. (International Wound Journal 2015 TM Wiley Publishing 2015 TM)

Attachments

• 10.1111_iwj.12469.pdf
    125.8 KB · Views: 236

Nattens

Forum Probie
Nothing pre-hospital is interesting.

Thinking of starting an RCT in Melbourne in the future?

OP
OP
M

Melbourne MICA

Forum Captain
Nothing pre-hospital is interesting.

Thinking of starting an RCT in Melbourne in the future?

Sorry for the slow response - out of the loop last couple of weeks. To answer: A trial would be good but a RCT is out of the question - how do you randomize a burns patient to no treatment (the control)? What we need is some retrospective data analysis in concert with the burns units/ED's, case series or superiority or non-inferiority studies for hydrogels versus water cooling for example. Now all I have to do is convince my employer to fund a trial/study undertaken by an employee off his own bat.

MM