Hurry Hurry Oh Please Hurry!

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
My tube is good, I listened to lung sounds and over the epigastrum, end tidal Co2 is changing colors. So, I give up. I'm at the hospital helping them now.

OP
OP
fma08

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
We did all the same, except for no needle decompression, the ER coded her shortly after we got her there. Our tube was "good" as well, but it turned out that the genius that put her trach in for the first time, didn't place it in the right spot creating a false track, where our tube ended up in. So visually it passed through the chords but did not end up where it needed to be. So when we bagged her, each time we could see her face swell up a little more. We pulled the tube out, and just used an OPA and BVM. But while one of us was bagging her, the other had to hold her trach site closed so air didn't leak out.

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
I was beginning to think I was missing something really big and was going to get the smiley rolling on the floor laughing. How sad that a medical error beyond your control sealed her fate. I would have filled my pants if I saw my patient blow up right before my eyes.
Thanks for making me reallying think about this scenario, it made me think outside the box and I love learning!

So, whats the next challenge?

OP
OP
fma08

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, it was a combination of several things outside of our control that screwed her over... That was really my (insert curse word here) call that I had in school because it turned out to be the grandmother of one of my class mates... But as for the next challenge, we'll see who posts the next scenario :p Glad you enjoyed it and hope you got something out of it.